Re: [client v3 06/10] build-sys: Remove SPICE_NO_DEPRECATED

On Thu, 27 Oct 2016, Jonathon Jongsma wrote:

> On Thu, 2016-10-27 at 18:41 +0200, Francois Gouget wrote:
> > Deprecation warnings no longer cause compilation errors.
>
> Since when?

Right. That change comes from the last patch in the series. In fact if
this patch is applied alone there are still no compilation errors
because currently deprecation warnings are disabled globally.

> > Also they should either be fixed or ignored with
> > G_GNUC_{BEGIN,END}_IGNORE_DEPRECATIONS.
>
> So this patch is re-enabling the deprecated functions so that we will
> notice and fix these warnings? I'd kind of like a bit more explanation
> in the commit log about the motifvation for this patch.

The deprecated functions were never 'disabled'. That is, with or without
SPICE_NO_DEPRECATED, their prototypes are always defined in their
respective headers. The only difference is that if SPICE_NO_DEPRECATED
is defined they are not tagged as deprecated.

You may be confusing SPICE_NO_DEPRECATED with spice-protocol's
SPICE_DEPRECATED macro (if defined it removes a pair of constants).

--
Francois Gouget <fgouget@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>