Re: the audio do not work in remote-viewer for windows

On Wed, Dec 23, 2015 at 7:37 PM,  <gianpietro.sella@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi, first sorry for my bad english.
> I am an new user of spice client.
> I install the virt-viewer client on my machine (windows xp).
> I use the virt-viewer-x86-2.0.msi from https://virt-manager.org/download/.
> I connect to win xp VM, and the video and audio is ok, but usb redirection
> do not work.

USB redirection is not going to work till Dmitry's patches land on libusb.
You could try to apply them and do the build by yourself, but let's
talk about it later on this email ...

> Then I download spice-gtk and virt-viewer source in my linux machin and I
> compile whith mingw cross-compiler.
> I obtain the windows executable and the usb redirection is ok.
> But in the new executable client the audio do not work.
> If I execute remote-viewer with --debug option I view the next warning:
>
> ** (remote-viewer.exe:2960): CRITICAL **: gst_app_src_push_buffer_full:
> assertion 'GST_IS_APP_SRC (appsrc)' failed
>
> I compile the source spice in the centos 7 linux machine and in the fedora
> 20 linux machine, but the problem is the same.

So, the first problem is that you're using a "too old" system for
builiding the upstream stuff.
For the latest release we used Fedorea 23. With a simple dnf builddep
/path/to/mingw-virt-viewwe.nsis you should be able to install all the
deps you need. If you want to build something by your own, don't
forget to check if the necessary bits are included on msitools.

> Another problem.
> In the virt-viewer data directory is present the file virt-viewer.wxs.
> If I execute the "make msi" command I obtain:
>
> [root@fedora data]# make msi
>   GEN      deps.txt
>   GEN      virt-viewer-x86-3.0.msi
> virt-viewer.wxs:20: error: Failed to include spice-gtk3.wxi
> make: *** [virt-viewer-x86-3.0.msi] Error 1
>
> I do not view in this directory the file spice-gtk3.wxi.
> It is strange.

So, it just means that your version of msitools is too old.

> Then for my test I download in my windows client machine all mingw file
> from machine where I compile (It is very large download but I do not have
> alternative).

Getting back ... what I'd recommend you is:
- Do the build on a f23 machine (may be a virtual machine)
- Just build virt-viewer from upstream, installing all deps needed on
f23 and see if it works. It should.
- Apply libusb patches for UsbDk and build libsub
- Apply spice-gtk patches adding support to UsbDk and build spice-gtk
- Build virt-viewer and check if it works (it should).

In case of problem, feel free to drop another email or ping us on IRC
(#spice at gimp.net)

Just one thing .... by the time of the year do not expect an answer
before the New Year :-)

Best Regards,
--
Fabiano Fidêncio