Re: 2K/4K resolutions not available?

Hi Christophe,

I was using just "spicec" as the viewer in full screen mode, but trying remote-viewer doesn't seem to make any difference (full-screen or windowed mode), it just scales the guest display (and results in blurry text) and doesn't actually change the resolution on the guest side. I checked and spice-vdagent/spice-vdagentd are running in the guest as well and the log shows connections to it being made...

Using the script Gerd posted to force xrandr to change the resolution does work for a few minutes, but as soon as I try to launch some applications like Libreoffice Writer it crashes X immediately. It also seems to cause all sorts of other strange issues with the window manager (title bars disappear and reappear, etc...)