Re: 答复: Question about remote access for a physical machine

On 03/11/2015 03:08 PM, jpc00939 wrote:
As you said, Xspice can work an physical machine and user can access the
machine remotely.
X11vnc provides the remote access too. Other kind of VNC implements like
tightVNC, realVNC,
ultraVNC have the capability for users on different OS platform.
However, is there any test data
which could give the performance of those different solutions. I am
curious which one is the best.
Could you please help to give me some instructions?
Thanks a lot.

It is impossible to say which one is the best without knowing your requirements. Each of the solutions has pros and cons.

* What is the bandwidth/latency of your network (eg., do you need a solution for LAN or WAN)?

* Should the X session keep running after you disconnect from server?

* Do you need desktop sharing (remote assistance)?

* Do you need copy-paste between terminal and server?

* etc.

It turned out that the normal X11 protocol (X session initiated via XDMCP) performs best for me, but your situation can be very different.

Here is one comparison I found:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_remote_desktop_software

Regards,
Andres.