Re: [vdagent-linux 1/2] randr: remove monitors.xml on auto-configuration

On Wed, Oct 8, 2014 at 3:21 PM, Christophe Fergeau <cfergeau@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
gnome2 is obsolete, not using client monitor config is getting obsolete,
and removing a file which we don't own is a very heavy hammer,

A hammer? monitors.xml is a user config, safe to delete, "well-known" file name (in gnomerr API reference)

We could link with libgnome-desktop and call gnome_rr_config_get_intended_filename() instead, I thought that was overkill for something that is hardcoded.

This file is not hidden or protected in any way, it doesn't use a private namespace etc.

especially since this file is used by mutter in GNOME3 as well, so no,
let's not do that upstream.

we don't want to restore user config when vdagent config applies. Fortunately, with gnome3 & drm driver, that code path is not triggered.

Having a random outcome is and a different output in upstream and downstream is not better imho.

--
Marc-André Lureau