VM pools and libgovirt

Hi guys!

I discovered the "Pools" feature in oVirt (I am using v3.3), and created a pool of VMs. Then in FreeIPA I created a group and added a bunch of users to it. I added the group to the pool's permissions with UserRole.

Now the way the web console works seems correct. When I login with one of the users for the first time, I see the pool (say named "pool") and if I double-click it, it launches a machine from the pool (it picked the first one) and thereafter, "pool" gets replaced with the VM launched, "pool-1". One is then able to attach to the console of "pool-1".

However, libgovirt does not seem to have support for pools. When one calls:

    vms = ovirt_api_get_vms(api);

vms does not contain any trace of the pool initially. If one starts double-clicks on "pool" from the web console, and "pool-1" is started, it shows up in vms thereafter, as expected.

Do you guys think that there is a use-case for the client to be able to show the pool to the user and allow him/her to start a VM from that pool right then and there without needing the web interface?

If so, and providing the REST API allows that, would you be interested in adding such functionality to libgovirt?

Thanks!
iordan

--
The conscious mind has only one thread of execution.