Re: Opus, alternative video codec and hardware acceleration

Hey,

On Fri, Aug 02, 2013 at 09:11:07AM +0200, Gerd Hoffmann wrote:
>   Hi,
>
> > And, finally, you actually need someone to do the work.  I don't really
> > have a sense how much work the qemu side would be.
>
> Nothing ;)
>
> You just have to get the interface changes in server/spice.h right.
> Basically you'll go bump the interface minor version
> (SPICE_INTERFACE_PLAYBACK_MINOR) from 2 to 3 and change the sample rate
> (SPICE_INTERFACE_PLAYBACK_FREQ) from 44100 to 48000.  Same for
> recording.  Done.
>
> Then spice-server has to check the minor version field when qemu
> registers a sound interface.  When the minor is 2 or smaller qemu was
> compiled against older libspice-server and expects/sends 44.1k samples.
> When it is 3 or greater 48k is used.

I've started looking at that. Using either 48k or 44.1 depending on
spice-server is easy.  The annoying issue is when the server/qemu
agreed to use 48k internally, but a client only supporting celt tries to
connect, then you need to do some resampling, and this means we need a bit
of refactoring of the existing code to get this to work.

Christophe