Re: spice-guest-tools 0.52 and winxp doesn't boot anymore

On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 10:00 AM, Christophe Fergeau wrote:

> There are various issues with this release, could you try to disable the
> balloon service (blnsvr.exe)?
> If this does not help, can you try removing the vioserial driver? This
> will break c&p/automatic resolution, but this would at least help pinpoint
> the buggy component.
>
> Thanks for your report,
>
> Christophe

hello,
I think the critical part is the network driver.
In fact:

- boot safe mode --> ok
- boot safe mode with network --> ko
- boot safe mode, then disable virtio network adapter and reboot in
normal mode --> ok

see here screenshot with network adapter disabled:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwoPbcrMv8mvbWVJQmJBbVozOTA/edit?usp=sharing

any way to revert only the network driver? Or do you have another one to test?

BTW: I can see that balloon service is configured as automatic but is
not started....
In event viewer I see that there is an error message at start of system with
Servizio BalloonService bloccato in partenza.
(blocked at start)
I don't know if this depends on network not being active....
I don't find similar messages the days before today... and I don't
know if this service has to be always active

Gianluca