Re: spice-guest-tools 0.52 and winxp doesn't boot anymore

Hi,

On Sat, Mar 09, 2013 at 10:19:01AM +0100, Gianluca Cecchi wrote:
> Hello,
> I have a winxp sp3 VM that runs inside an oVirt 3.2 all-in-one install
> in Fedora18
> I had spice-guest-tools-0.3 installed.
> I stopped spice agent and then ran the 0.52 executable.
> But now the VM doesn't start anymore....
> It remains here, tried a couple of times:
> https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwoPbcrMv8mvNmpPaXcwNkVOaVU/edit?usp=sharing
>
> I can poweroff and on and then the system is able to start in safe mode
> From the safe mode I see that qxl driver is the same version, while
> virtio net and scsi are the new ones as expected from the new version
> number...
> 22/01/2013 51.64.104.5200
>
> previous was
> 29/11/2012 51.64.104.4900
>
> tried reboot normally and same problem.
>
> Are there any known problems with windows xp?

There are various issues with this release, could you try to disable the
balloon service (blnsvr.exe)?
If this does not help, can you try removing the vioserial driver? This
will break c&p/automatic resolution, but this would at least help pinpoint
the buggy component.

Thanks for your report,

Christophe