Re: Usbredirection problem with digital signature pendrive

Hi,

On 02/21/2013 04:18 PM, Fabio Fantoni wrote:
I have a problem with usb digital signature device with usbredirection.
I have enabled on spicy Options->Auto redirect newly plugged in USB devices.
The devices that I'm trying to redirect contains 2 components:

Bus 002 Device 014: ID 1307:0163 Transcend Information, Inc. 256MB/512MB/1GB Flash Drive
Bus 002 Device 015: ID 072f:100d Advanced Card Systems, Ltd

If I insert the device after launch spicy session, I got only the flash drive automatic redirect but not the virtual smart card reader (072f:100d).
To have digital signing working with Dike I need to select manually the redirection of such smartcard reader component.
Why not automatically redirect also this one?

Below some details, if you need more tell me and I'll post them.
Thanks for any reply.

Ah, interesting device, I guess it also contains a build-in hub, and then the
2 separate devices. Not that that should be an issue, it is just interesting :)

The problem why the crypto part of it is not being redirected is because it
is (ab)using the hid interface class, and we don't auto-redirect those, because
of someone for example inserts a mouse into his laptop, that someone usually
prefers for the mouse to also work outside of the virt-viewer window.

The filtering of which devices to redirect is controlled by the
--spice-usbredir-filter cmdline option
The default value is:
0x03,-1,-1,-1,0|-1,-1,-1,-1,1

Which means do not auto-redirect class 3 devices (so hid) and do auto-redir
everything else.
spice-usbredir-filter
A simple workaround should be passing the following on the cmdline:
--spice-usbredir-filter='-1,-1,-1,-1,1'

A better solution would be to pass:
--spice-usbredir-filter='-1,0x072f,0x100d,-1,1|0x03,-1,-1,-1,0|-1,-1,-1,-1,1'

Which will explicitly allow the Advanced Card Systems device, while
still disallowing auto-redir for other hid devices. Here is the gtk-doc
blurb on the filter format:

     * SpiceUsbDeviceManager:auto-connect-filter:
     *
     * Set a string specifying a filter to use to determine which USB devices
     * to autoconnect when plugged in, a filter consists of one or more rules.
     * Where each rule has the form of:
     *
     * @class,@vendor,@product,@version,@allow
     *
     * Use -1 for @class/@vendor/@product/@version to accept any value.
     *
     * And the rules are themselves are concatonated like this:
     *
     * @rule1|@rule2|@rule3
     *
     * The default setting filters out HID (class 0x03) USB devices from auto
     * connect and auto connects anything else. Note the explicit allow rule at
     * the end, this is necessary since by default all devices without a
     * matching filter rule will not auto-connect.

Regards,

Hans