Re: Disappearing mouse cursor in Autocad 2006 drawing window in WinXP VM with Spice+QXL video driver

10.02.2013 22:50, Giuseppe Bilotta wrote:
Hello Michael,

On Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 9:48 AM, Michael Tokarev <mjt@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
10.02.2013 11:51, Giuseppe Bilotta wrote:

libvirt 0.9.12-6
qemu-kvm 1.1.2+dfsg-5
libspice-server1 0.11.0-1

That's debian wheezy.  Can you check whenever the latest releases of the
software in question -- spice and qemu -- exposes the same issue?
spice 0.12 and qemu 1.4rc0 are available in debian experimental.

Thank you very much. I upgraded spice and qemu (and libvirt too,
actually) to the ones in experimental.

(libvirt will be pulled too since more recent qemu breaks older libvirt)

If the issue is still present there, it needs to be debugged.  If not,
maybe you can help with finding which change fixed it so we can apply
it to wheezy version.

The issue seems to be fixed! Thanks a lot. I'm afraid I don't have

That's excellent to know, thank you!

continuous access to this specific VM, so this is actually non-trivial
(it's not my machine, it's my father's). I will try and copy the VM
over to one of my development machines and see if I can setup a build
system to do some bisecting.

For now we don't even know what is broken - was it spice or qemu.
Maybe upgrading to -experimental qemu was a wrong suggestion --
trying out just libspice-server1 to see if that's enough, for a
start, should be much better.  But oh well.

At any rate, the most important thing is that the problem is now
fixed.

/mjt