Re: Reproducer for sparc64 kernel lock-up bug

Le 27/07/2017 à 01:41, David Miller a écrit :
> From: John Paul Adrian Glaubitz <glaubitz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2017 16:28:01 +0200
>
>> When running the attached, statically linked binary on a recent
>> kernel, the kernel locks up with:
>
> Thanks a lot, as soon as I sort through the RCU stall bug I'll take
> a close look at this!

  Hi all,

  stadler is crashing less since we corrected the rt_sigaction
(SIGBUS value was wrong, equal to SIGEMT,apparently an emulator trap).

  But we still get warnings about memory exposure,
RCU are also quite numerous, and after a while the cron daemon doesn't
work correctly anymore,
and then even a simple sleep command does not finish when the
time is over.

  Does anyone have an idea how the kernel can start
to miss to stop sleep command?

  Is here a simpler way to fix such issues
than to restart the machine?

Thanks in advance,

Pierre Muller