Re: Enable module autoloading support for vio

On 04/21/2016 06:01 PM, David Miller wrote:
> Putting such a roadblock towards users having a working system is a
> matter of your policies and is therefore your problem.  Please don't
> try to make it mine too.

I wasn't trying to make it your problem, sorry. This isn't my policy,
it's Debian's policy and I can't really change it, at least on my
own. If it was just up to me, I would merge the patch in the Debian
package, but I'm not maintaining the kernel in Debian, so I have
no word in there.

> I will review your patch when I feel that I have the time and the
> proper resources to do so.
>
> This might be today, or it might be next week, or the week after.

Ok, thanks.

> You must be patient since I do this for fun and in my spare time, and
> not because of deadlines and pressure applied by other people.

Same here. I'm not getting paid in any way and my actual job
is unrelated to SPARC, but I just want to help people who are
having issues installing Linux on their SPARC boxes.

Adrian

--
 .''`.  John Paul Adrian Glaubitz
: :' :  Debian Developer - glaubitz@xxxxxxxxxx