Re: silo fails to build with recent ext2fs libraries

On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 01:51:51PM -0500, David Miller wrote:
> From: David Miller <davem@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 12:56:56 -0500 (EST)
>
> > I'm looking into the rest.
>
> So just adding the stubs (or your idea, linking with libc) doesn't
> work at all.
>
> All the new features in libext2 that get linked in cause the second
> stage bootloader image to grow too large.
>
> I'll just have to extract the parts of libext2 that we actually need
> into a stripped down local copy in SILO and I guess this will make
> us immune to this issue showing up again in the future.

If you haven't put too much effort into it yet, can you give me a
few days to experiment with dropping unnecessary symbols from the
built library using objcopy? If it turns out to be simple, I'd rather
use this than duplicating code.

Best regards,
--
Jurij Smakov                                           jurij@xxxxxxxxx