Re: Sun4d scsi<->fs issues [Was: Status update on sparc32 genirq support]

> The exact problem manifest with a successful mount of the filesystem.
> But it is not possible to read or list any files on the ext2 parition.
>
> # mount /dev/sda2 /mnt
> EXT2-fs (sda2): warning: mounting ext3 filesystem as ext2
> # cd /mnt
> # ls
> EXT2-fs (sda2): error: ext2_check_page: bad entry in directory #2: :
> rec_len is smaller than minimal - offset=0, inode=0, rec_len=0, name_len=0
> #
>
> I have dumped out the memory area ext2_check_page is reading and it
> contains only zero-data. Hence, the error message.

I have not yet used disk access during my sparc32 testing.
My userland is all on a RAMDISK as I have so far concentrated
on the kernel side. And here booting is success criteria #1.

So I just want to say that you may have hit something more generalm
and not necessarily sun4d specific.

I have Solaris on the disk on my sun4m box - which I hesitate
to format.
And I do not yet have a spare disk to play with. So I cannot
do testing with ext2 right away.

	Sam