Re: SPARC32 SMP IRQ15 question

On Wed, 26 Jan 2011 11:52:53 -0800 (PST), David Miller  wrote:
From: Daniel Hellstrom <daniel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
 > Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 18:02:22  0100
 >
 > > I have made an first implementation on the LEON, the hangs that I
 > > could trigger quite easily are now gone and I can run my system for
 > > several days without rather heavy load, however I still have some
 > > problems on another board, but I don't think they are directly
> > related... > >
 > > Please look at my implementation suggestion (patches in separate email
 > > soon), I have tried to separate the patches so that it will be easier
 > > to implement it for other CPU models, however I don't really know the
 > > other architectures... it would be nice if someone else could have
> > look at it and someone how has the hardware... > >
 > > I have removed the use of smp_cross_call in smp_call_function* and
 > > instead used the generic implementation by defining
> > USE_GENERIC_SMP_HELPERS, I think this is the cleanest approach. >
 > Thanks so much for doing this work!
I must thank you as well! I still haven't replied on you response about the per-cpu timers, it is quite much non-LEON work there.. but I will follow up on that later even though I might do exactly as you told me to :)
The patch is rather small, but I have spent a lot time of testing it. Â
 I'm looking forward to your reply,
 Daniel