Re: GR-LEON4-ITX

Paul Thomas wrote:
 > Kristoffer,
>
> Thanks for the information. I'm not in a hurry. I'd like to work with
> the mainline kernel. I'm used to using u-boot, a custom kernel & a
> generic emdebian root fs. Is u-boot the default bootloader on the
> board?

You can use U-boot but it is not the default in our current distribution.

Our u-boot SPARC tree can boot the kernel available on our website:

http://git.denx.de/?p=u-boot/u-boot-sparc.git;a=summary

U-boot is also delivered with the board.

The current mainline kernel is not supported at the moment because it needs to have
the OF tree generated by the boot loader (the tree is generated from on chip plug and
play information). We should try to get this code into the kernel instead ...

Best regards,
Kristoffer Glembo
Aeroflex Gaisler