Re: GR-LEON4-ITX

Hello Paul,

The easiest way to get Linux running on the GR-LEON4-ITX board
is to use the kernel that is delivered with the board. It is
based on 2.6.21 and contains all our drivers and boot loader
(this kernel is also available from our webpage).

The mainline kernel does work on LEON3/4 (including SMP) but
we have not yet made available an updated distribution with surrounding
infrastructure (e.g. boot loader, root file systems, OpenFirmware tree generation, etc).

Hopefully it will not be too long until we release an updated version based
on the latest kernel. All tough it will take some time to get all drivers
from the 2.6.21 version into the mainline kernel.

Link to the board for anyone interested in getting a new SPARC V8 with lots of on chip
devices:
http://www.gaisler.com/cms/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=339&Itemid=232

Best regards,
Kristoffer Glembo