Re: LEON SPARC git repository

On Fri, Jun 05, 2009 at 11:40:04AM +0200, Konrad Eisele wrote:
> Hi Sam,
>
> >If you want this reviewed then please do as asked and send a set of
> >individual mails
> >each containing one logical change - with a description what it contains.
> >I (and others too) do not go hunting to find patches to review.
>
> Ok, I can do this (next week). This would be 20 mails for 20 files. Is
> everybody on the list ok with it?
Yes they are.

> >>From the list below I can see you have a logical split of the changes.
> >So you just have to add the corresponding patch too.
> >
> >If you did this before than document what was changed since then, which
> >review comments was addressed and especially which was not (and why).
>
> Didnt understand this. There was nothing sent previously.
>
> >So please inline patches - with good changelogs.
>
> Ok, I'll send them next.
Try to send one to yourself first and check that you can properly apply the
patch in the mail you receive. This is a good check that your mailer does
not destroy the patch.

> I'm not familiar with how patches get applied. Can someone describe
> who actually is checking in a patch so that it appears in the final kernel?
> Is it you (Sam)?
> Is this patch sending only a "review" or do they get checked in afterwards?
> If it is only a "review" who is then the one that actually checks them in?

For sparc davem would apply them.
I guees he prefers someone to address all the easy stuff before he starts
looks at them. This is where I and other helps.

Looking forward to see the patches.

	Sam