Re: sparc32 boot problem (SCSI?)

Robert Reif wrote:
Josip Rodin wrote:
One thing that came up with one of my recent upgrades was the md subsystem interfering with /dev/root, and that kind of a problem isn't mentioned in
the generic instructions. Does /dev/root point to the right device (same
major:minor as /dev/sda2) in your case?

I don't have md selected.  There is no /dev/root in either
the working or broken version.  I'm running debian etch
if that matters.
I'm trying to bisect this and have narrowed it down to
late in the merge window.  Unfortunately I can't easily narrow
it down further because module loading also broke during
the same time frame.