Re: Hardware query: Analyx ADDA-1418

On 10/24/07, Tom spot Callaway <tcallawa@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Tue, 2007-10-23 at 23:54 +1000, Julian Calaby wrote:
>
> > So, my queries:
> > 1. Has anyone seen this card (or any similar to it) before?
> > 2. Is there any remote possibility that you could tell me what it
> > does? / what it's useful for?
>
> It's a multifunction data acquisition card. A fair amount of scientific
> research in the mid 1990s was done using this device.
>
> Googling the model type brings up some relevant hits.

I googled the manufacturer as the model number was rather well hidden,
and I didn't see it until I'd pretty much finished my last email. =)

> > 3. Is there any chance of the possibility of a Linux driver?
>
> I'm not aware of any existent driver.

I'd be surprised if there was one.

Ok, so at this point, I have an sBus card which is rather useless to me.

Does anyone want it? it doesn't come with any attachments or
accessories, it's just the card and that's it. I'm willing to post it
pretty much anywhere given it's size.

Thanks,

--

Julian Calaby