Hardware query: Analyx ADDA-1418

Hi all,

(this is a hardware question, if there's a better forum for this,
please inform me, or if I'm incredibly, moronically, off topic, please
flame me into non-existence)

I just obtained a SparcStation LX, (which will become a sparc32
testbed soon) and it contained an sBus card with:
- a huge (covering 2/5 of it's top surface) black heatshield
- what appears to be a SCSI connector on the face plate
- a large socketed Xilinx chip
- two large socketed chips under the heat shield.

It has only one marking that looks like a model number and no Sun
stickers or any other such stuff.

It is labelled as an "Analyx ADDA-1418 Rev B".

There are other marking indicating that it's copyright 1993, and the
manufacturer details "Analyx systems inc. Freemont CA"

It also has an eprom on it labelled:
ANALYX SOL
ADDA 12/9/92

So, my queries:
1. Has anyone seen this card (or any similar to it) before?
2. Is there any remote possibility that you could tell me what it
does? / what it's useful for?
3. Is there any chance of the possibility of a Linux driver?

Thanks,

--

Julian Calaby

Email: julian.calaby@xxxxxxxxx