Re: AW: SILO problem on a T1000

I've tried with all the partitions of that disk a thru h:
/pci@7c0/pci@0/pci@8/scsi@2/disk@0,0
/pci@7c0/pci@0/pci@8/scsi@2/disk@0,0:a
/pci@7c0/pci@0/pci@8/scsi@2/disk@0,0:b
/pci@7c0/pci@0/pci@8/scsi@2/disk@0,0:c

and get the same error:

Rebooting with command: boot disk:a
Boot device: /pci@7c0/pci@0/pci@8/scsi@2/disk@0,0:a  File and args:
The file just loaded does not appear to be executable.

I don't really know what is wrong here.

Jurzitza, Dieter wrote:
Hi Ivan,
from what I read from your mail and given that /dev/sda1 is your root partition (containing /boot as well) I'd guess that you ought to test (in openboot):

probe-scsi-all

You are trying to boot like:

Boot device: /pci@7c0/pci@0/pci@8/scsi@2/disk@0,0

this refers to the SCSI ID 0 on controller 2 but you do not specify the apropriate partition. So what you need to test is:

probe-scsi-all

what ought to give you something like

/pci@1f,4000,scsi@3,1
Target 1
Unit 0 Disk IBM DGVS09U 03B0

/pci@1f,4000,scsi@3
Target 6
Unit 0 Removable Read Only device

If you want to boot of one of those you hafe to specify:
boot /pci@1f,4000,scsi@3,1/disk@1,0:f (harddisk)

boot /pci@1f,4000,scsi@3,1/disk@6,0:f (cdrom)

This gives:
-> pci - device at 1f, 4000

scsi@3,1	*external* Controller channel

disk@1     harddisk with scsi-id 1

,0         LUN 0

:f         Partition F

this can constantly be integrated by setting
nvalias /pci@1f,4000,scsi@3,1/disk@1,0:f extdisk

being "extdisk" an example. The variables can be printed via the command "devalias"

In general: Strg-P returns the last commandline in openboot (as "little" help).

Hope this helps,
take care

Dieter Jurzitza

--