Re: [TESTERS NEEDED]: Rewritten ESP driver

From: Pasi Pirhonen <upi@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2007 12:45:27 +0300

> >From dmesg the difference seems to be that when i did fail, i did have
> two same type disk that both did claim to be
>
> sda: Mode Sense: cf 00 10 08
> SCSI device sda: write cache: disabled, read cache: enabled, supports DPO and FUA
> SCSI device sda: 71132959 512-byte hdwr sectors (36420 MB)
> sda: Write Protect is off
> sda: Mode Sense: cf 00 10 08
> SCSI device sda: write cache: disabled, read cache: enabled, supports DPO and FUA
>
> and now, when i do have different disk as /dev/sdb that gets detected as
>
> sdb: Mode Sense: fb 00 00 08
> SCSI device sdb: write cache: disabled, read cache: enabled, doesn't support DPO or FUA
> SCSI device sdb: 71132959 512-byte hdwr sectors (36420 MB)
> sdb: Write Protect is off
> sdb: Mode Sense: fb 00 00 08
> SCSI device sdb: write cache: disabled, read cache: enabled, doesn't support DPO or FUA
>

> ... if that is clue for reason at all.

The two disks are identical except for MODE_SENSE settings printed
here and those are just some timeout parameters and such.

The current driver should not hit the problems you saw.  I plan
to post in-full the current driver as a patch in a few moments,
if you could retest this case with it, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks!
-