Re: [Repost] Ultra2 SMP freezes with heavy disk I/O

From: Ferris McCormick <fmccor@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 11:38:48 +0000

> The kernel people have known about this for well over a year, but no
> fix.

You use the word "people", the plural form, as if there is someone
doing sparc64 kernel maintainence other than me.  That would certainly
be news to me.

This means you have to understand there is _ONE_ person doing all of
sparc64 kernel maintainence, and therefore one person who has to look
at and fix all the bugs, do all the new features, do ports and cleanups
when generic kernel changes occur, etc.

Therefore it should be no surprise that some things slip through the
cracks and are beyond my capacity at times.
-