Re: serial console broken on Ultra 5

Marc Zyngier napsal(a):
"Daniel" == Daniel Smolik <marvin@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Daniel> se@14,400000: ttyS0 at MMIO 0x1fff1400000 (irq = 7) is a SAB82532 V3.2
                      ^^^^^
Daniel> Console: ttyS2 (SAB82532)
                 ^^^^^
Daniel> SUNSAB baud:115200 quot:0

Ok, I managed to reproduce it on my own setup. Looks like the kernel
insists on having the first serial port as a console, even if it know
is has to be the third... Of course, as ttyS2 has not been probed yet,
it all goes to Nowhereland...

I'll try to cook up a patch during the week-end if the weather is bad
enough. In the meantime, you should be able to boot with
"console=ttyS0 -p". At least, you'll have your console messages on the
RSC console, and you'll probably be able to remote login.

	M.
Yes you are right. Now it boots.

		Dan
PS: in Prague is bad weather too :-)