Re: SoX with CoreAudio on Mac (bundled with Electron vs homebrew)

On Jul 12 21:16:41, andre.lockhart@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I installed SoX from homebrew and it has been working fine
> with my Electron app. > I am on Mac M1.
>
> However, when I switched

Why?

> to the Mac SoX binary I downloaded from SourceForge,

Those are from 2014.
I suppose HomeBrew gives you a much more recent version of SoX.

> SoX cannot find my coreaudio devices.

Meaning what? What command have you run,
and what exactly did "sox -V ..." say?

Please note that the notoriously underdocummented macos audio system
has changed in many ways since the static mac binary of sox was released.

> Is there an additional step I need or additional libs I need to include
> with SoX to use it as part of an application vs calling the brew-installed
> version?

Using sox "as a part of an application" can be two things:

1. calling the "sox" binary, in which case th application
(probably Electron in your case, whatevere that is) needs to find it.
A typical place is /usr/local/bin/sox, nto sure where homebrew installs.
The separate binary you downloaded is wherever you put it.

2. using the SoX library, typicaly /usr/local/lib/libsox.so.*
I don't think this gets installed with the separate mac binary.

	Jan