SoX with CoreAudio on Mac (bundled with Electron vs homebrew)

Hi,

I installed SoX from homebrew and it has been working fine with my Electron app.
I am on Mac M1.

However, when I switched to the Mac SoX binary I downloaded from SourceForge,
SoX cannot find my coreaudio devices.

Is there an additional step I need or additional libs I need to include with SoX to
use it as part of an application vs calling the brew-installed version?

Thanks!

Andre