Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: "norm" effect causes intermittent truncation of MP3 output.

Hi,

Derp, I hadn't even thought to check the -V3 output. I've logged it forever, but had removed the argument while trying to troubleshoot this issue. On reviewing logs, it's happening when the temp storage runs out of space - setting my temp environment variable to a larger disk (not system) seems to have solved the problem. This also explains why it was an intermittent problem, and no particular file would repeatedly cause the issue.

Thanks for the prompt replies.

Scott

On Fri, 18 Jun 2021 at 05:55, Jan Stary <hans@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Jun 18 03:00:06, scottt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I'm talking about serious truncation, e.g. 30min input wav,
> with a 4 minute MP3. Without the "norm" argument,
> everything reliably processes as expected.

Can you please post that wav file somewhere for download?

        Jan