Re: tone detection

* Robert Jeffares <jeffares.robert@xxxxxxxxx> [2021-05-29 08:18]:
> I have an audio file which is recorded from a stream which contains time
> 'pips' I wish to use as a cue point.
>
> The head can be anything from a few seconds to 2 minutes depending on the
> transmission delay time.
>
> I can detect silence in the file which I can use to trim the audio but the
> silence based script fails when the head audio is longer then 30 seconds or
> so.
>
> Using the 1kHz tones as a marker will give me a more accurate edit point.
>
> Is there something in the Sox arsenal which can detect this tone?
Nothing that would come to my mind immediately.
But you could use sox to bandpass filter the signal to keep only
material around 1kHz, hoping that the largest remaining amplitudes will
be your cue points. The use command line programs from the aubio library
to get the timestamps of these point which you could use as positions
where to cut, perhaps?