Re: tone detection

On May 29 18:17:16, jeffares.robert@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I have an audio file which is recorded from a stream which contains time
> 'pips' I wish to use as a cue point.
>
> The head can be anything from a few seconds to 2 minutes depending on the
> transmission delay time.
>
> I can detect silence in the file which I can use to trim the audio but the
> silence based script fails when the head audio is longer then 30 seconds or
> so.

That seems strange - the silence effect inspects the silence
- if it's preceded by 10 seconds or 30 seconds of audio
should not make a difference.

Please show your script that trims the leading audio
based on the silence effect.

> Using the 1kHz tones as a marker will give me a more accurate edit point.
> Is there something in the Sox arsenal which can detect this tone?

I don't think this can be done on the command line with sox the binary;
perhaps with libsox, programaticaly.

But perhaps you could use the pips as the silence/nonsilence
cutting point - surely the pips are at very regular intervals.

	Jan