Re: Help With SoX

okay. I have the same "use case". I am doing it this way:  mpg123 -w output.wav input.mp3; sox  output.wav -b 16 -r 8000 output2.wav channels 1  ....  i.e. I am using another program to turn mp3 to wav before sox processing. I dont know if this approach is applicable in your case. I dont know how to build/configure sox so that one could do this entirely with sox. Good luck.
br, Mikko