Re: Trim WAV file Meta Data

On Dec 06 12:54:59, david@xxxxxx wrote:
> Hello all, love sox and am so glad it's out there.  I'm using SOX to
> verify, convert and "normalfy" audio files coming in from untrusted sources
> (web).  Basically I'm converting source audio to WAV PCM.  Audio files that
> come from sources like Adobe Audition often contain meta data, which just
> renders as ~100ms of noise at the end of the track. I'm wondering if that
> could be trimmed off somehow.

What audio files come from sources like Adobe Audition?

SoX 14.4.2 reports the following supported formats:

 AUDIO FILE FORMATS: 8svx aif aifc aiff aiffc al amb amr-nb amr-wb anb au
 avr awb caf cdda cdr cvs cvsd cvu dat dvms f32 f4 f64 f8 fap flac fssd
 gsm gsrt hcom htk ima ircam la lpc lpc10 lu mat mat4 mat5 maud mp2 mp3
 nist ogg opus paf prc pvf raw s1 s16 s2 s24 s3 s32 s4 s8 sb sd2 sds sf
 sl sln smp snd sndfile sndr sndt sou sox sph sw txw u1 u16 u2 u24 u3 u32
 u4 u8 ub ul uw vms voc vorbis vox w64 wav wavpcm wv wve xa xi

Is one of them the Adobe Audition format?
Can you show us an example input file?

> I've tried a variety of things.  The command I'm using currently:
> sox --ignore-length [infile] -t wavpcm [outfile]

Why are you ignoring the input length?

> Is there a way to do the conversion and ignore extra meta data?
> I can provide sample audio if necessary. It seems like Cubase and other
> audio editing software has similar features.

Are those WAV files? Are they BWF files?
http://tech.ebu.ch/docs/tech/tech3306-2009.pdf

> I tried to attach some files, but they got flagged for moderation 6 days
> ago, so I'm resubmitting this.  Thanks for everything!

Better post them to some public download site.

	Jan