Re: Trim WAV file Meta Data

On 2017-12-06 19:54, david wrote:
Hello all, love sox and am so glad it's out there.  I'm using SOX to
verify, convert and "normalfy" audio files coming in from untrusted sources (web). Basically I'm converting source audio to WAV PCM. Audio files that come from sources like Adobe Audition often contain meta data, which just renders as ~100ms of noise at the end of the track. I'm wondering if that
could be trimmed off somehow.

I've tried a variety of things.  The command I'm using currently:

sox --ignore-length [infile] -t wavpcm [outfile]

Why are you sure that the audio-length data in the file headers is wrong?
You're telling sox to regard everything in the file as sound data.

What does soxi say about such files? Does it identify their contents as
having a particular format?

I tried to attach some files, but they got flagged for moderation 6 days
ago, so I'm resubmitting this.

Upload them somewhere and post a URL.

--
Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own