Re: Enabling LADSPA When Building a SOX Binary

SUCCESS! LADSPA goodness is happening.

Of course as creative projects go, I decided not to go with a vocoder... but I didn't give up until I got it to work first!

Thank you everyone for the support. Here's the thank you song I promised at the resolution of my challenge. :D

With vocoder, blended with voiceover as it was harder to understand vocoded words on their own after several variation trials (good for a future project though):
https://s3.amazonaws.com/thank-you-song/vocoder-blended-test.mp3

With voiceover only, I personally like it better for my fun thank you song project:
https://s3.amazonaws.com/thank-you-song/voice-over-test.mp3

Steps to make it work:
====
#where my plugins live
export LADSPA_PATH=/home/ec2-user/plugins

#ensure formant (mono voice) and carrier (mono pitch) audio files are set to the vocoder plugin's requirements
sox formant.wav -b 16 formant1b.wav gain -1 rate 44100 dither -s
sox carrier.wav -b 16 carrier1b.wav gain -1 rate 44100 dither -s

#merge mono formant and carrier into a single audio stereo file left and right channel
sox -M formant1b.wav carrier1b.wav formant_carrier.wav

#apply ladspa plugin via ladspa utilities directly
#!!! I'm stuck on how to make this work as part of sox, this gets the job done directly though
applyplugin formant_carrier.wav final.wav vocoder vocoder 16 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
====

If interested to see what the song mention of Patreon is about (basically a glorified tip jar to support electronic music habits), you're welcome to preview it here, going live later this month:
https://www.patreon.com/preview/57d3ca9d09a64a8f97112c18cd914736

Thanks for what you do!

Kind regards,

Chris