Re: Sox Truncating MP3

I would prefer to use one application because the file is alreadly loaded in Sox.  And more importantly if data is getting thrown away in Sox I want to see something in the output to warn me.  If I run the file through ffmpeg and then Sox afterwards, how do I know that Sox didn't throw something away if the output from ffmpeg was bad?

If Sox can't handle the file at the least Sox should output a warning.

On Sat, Jun 10, 2017 at 9:22 AM, Graff, David E <graff@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

If you want to do something sox-ish with uncompressed mp3 data, despite knowing that some of the data is faulty, why not just use ffmpeg to get (faulty) uncompressed output, and then run sox on that output?

  Dave Graff

From: Mark Sweeney <marksweeneyre@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, June 10, 2017 1:04:06 AM
To: sox-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Sox Truncating MP3

I used Sox to process an MP3 file, but the output file was truncated.
At first I thought the problem was with the command or options, but
after removing all options and using Sox just to do a copy, the output
file was still truncated.

So I ran the same file through ffmpeg.  It processed the entire file
even though there was a warning about invalid data found in the input
file.

Can I force Sox to finish processing this file without truncating?  If
not, can I have Sox output a message so I that I know there was a
problem?  Currently it just fails silently.