Sox Truncating MP3

I used Sox to process an MP3 file, but the output file was truncated.
At first I thought the problem was with the command or options, but
after removing all options and using Sox just to do a copy, the output
file was still truncated.

So I ran the same file through ffmpeg.  It processed the entire file
even though there was a warning about invalid data found in the input
file.

Can I force Sox to finish processing this file without truncating?  If
not, can I have Sox output a message so I that I know there was a
problem?  Currently it just fails silently.