Re: Obtaining 24-bit Samples

> Kenny wrote:
>
> My second question: Is there a supported format that supports
> time stamps? 24-bit raw data with period stamps would be ideal.

I take it using the filename won't work.  Or the filesystem
modify/create time.

Any format that supports tags should be able to have timestamp in a
tag.

I generally store all my files as flac, but that is a lossless
compressed - not "raw" format.

I guess I'm not sure what you mean by "raw".  .au, .wav, .aiff are
all uncompressed, but they have limited tagging support.

SoX can export raw PCM with no headers - which is what I think of
when the term "raw data" is used.  With no headers, there is no
place for tags, so the filename is the only option for timestamp.

But maybe I'm not understanding your question.

--  f