Re: Concatenate multiple different-format mp3 to one compressed mp3 file?

On Sep 15 14:29:55, digitaltoast@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Basically: up to 20 input files in one directory, some may be stereo,
> some mono, some at different bitrates OR FREQUENCIES, all will be mp3.
>
> I'd like the output file to be a mono mp4 file, optimized for speech
> and size, but able to handle occasional music.

Do you mean mp3 (as opposed to mp4)?

This seems to be a scripting excercise
rather than a SoX problem. Something like

 for f in *.mp3 ; do sox -c 1 -r 48000 -b 16 $f out.$f.wav remix - ; done
 sox out.*.wav output.mp3

Obviously, replace the format parameters
with what you want to have.

> All the guides I've found don't seem to handle the case where some
> files might be 44.1 and some might be 22Khz.

sox -r

The manpage is better than "all the guides".

> (Bonus - same as above but with additional mp4 (m4a) output of
> possible!. Oh, and normalizing all the tracks to about the same ideal
> db if possible?!?)

SoX does not produce mp4 or m4a files.
See the norm effect for normalization.

> Sorry, I've looked, I really have. Maybe I'm not using the right
> search term, but I've google it, I promise!

man sox

	Jan