Re: implementing loudspeaker crossovers using Sox + LADSPA plugins

Many thanks for your ideas and help, Eric!

I am learning about Linux only for the purposes of my audio hobby, so your
last ideas will take some time to digest.  One of the attractions of SoX is
the ease with which different genres of effects can be combined into a
stream.  SoX is efficient and simple to use in cases where the input sample
frequency is fixed - like USB input from a fixed frequency appliance.
However, in my own setup I use a clock-switching Linux kernel for the
'audiophile material' so it is never resampled regardless of it's native
frequency.  For now I will focus on scripting a detector for a file's native
sample rate so that any FIR filtering is done correctly.  [I'm only barely
fluent in Python :P]  Once that works I will revisit SoX to come up with
different command lines for each source sample rate.  So, timeout for now on
the delay question and again, thanks for your ideas.

Frank