Powered by Linux
Re: [BUG] segfault when analysing powerpc kernel code — Semantic Matching Tool

Re: [BUG] segfault when analysing powerpc kernel code

On 27/04/16 17:55, Dan Carpenter wrote:
I believe that in  vanilla Sparse it aborts at the first error message.
I hacked it to not do that because some of the error messages happen for
minor things.

My options were:
1) Abort on error and miss real bugs.
2) Do a lot of work to prevent segfaults for unparsable code.
3) Just segfault.

I went with option 3.

It's slightly worse than that actually because I want unlinearized stuff
from Sparse and it mostly gives me that except for when it deals with
sizeof() and inside intializers.  So Smatch tries to linearize it twice
and that gives some errors.  I've looked at trying to fix it but I
couldn't figure it out.  I also reported it but the response was that I
should just linearize it all instead...

Thanks for the explanation. Sigh, the joys of C programming... :)

Now that we've stubbed out the vector functions that were causing issues things seem to be running smoothly.

--
Andrew Donnellan              OzLabs, ADL Canberra
andrew.donnellan@xxxxxxxxxxx  IBM Australia Limited