Powered by Linux
Quick question on extending/using smatch — Semantic Matching Tool

Quick question on extending/using smatch

 Hi,

 I have been looking a bit on using smatch to check for non preemtable
parts of the linux kernel, and parts which have locks held for a long
time.
 Specificly to improve realtime behaviour for device drivers ...

 If I understand it right when doing an analysis with smatch, you get
the whole parse tree in memory, so I figured that it would be dooable
to check for locking and disabling preemption in the kernel in the in
memory tree ?

 Does this sound about right ? ie. have I understood smatch
corrrectly, and do you think it would be a reasonable task ?

 / regards, Lars Segerlund. ( please reply offlist )