Re: [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC5359 (7718)

Done.

-MSK

On Fri, Dec 1, 2023 at 10:14 AM Robert Sparks <rjsparks@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Author and long-time facilitator of the SIPit interop events here:

This Errata should be rejected.

The existing text explains and it is _intentional_ that the diagram claims that no media is sent.

Here's the text from the top of page 7:

   In this scenario, Alice calls Bob, then Bob places the call on hold.
   Bob then takes the call off hold, then Alice hangs up the call.  Note
   that hold is unidirectional in nature.  However, a UA that places the
   other party on hold will generally also stop sending media, resulting
   in no media exchange between the UAs.  Older UAs may set the
   connection address to 0.0.0.0 when initiating hold.  However, this
   behavior has been deprecated in favor or using the a=inactive SDP
   attribute if no media is sent, or the a=sendonly attribute if media
   is still sent.

   Also note the use of the rendering feature tag defined in RFC 4235
   [RFC4235] used in F10 and F11 to indicate that Bob's UA is no longer
   rendering media to Bob, i.e., that Bob has placed the call on hold.

RjS