Re: I-D Action: draft-bakker-sipping-3gpp-ims-xml-body-handling-07.txt

I'm commenting on this on the (now obsolete) sipping list because this has sipping in its name. This may not be the best place. I suppose an alternative is rai.

ISTM that there are three degrees of freedom here for identifying how to process these bodies:
- content-disposition
- content-type
- the actual content of the body

Of these, the content-disposition is the most heavy weight in terms of mechanism, while the actual content of the body is the least heavy-weight.

So, I wonder why you have chosen to use one content-type, that seems to already contain distinct representations for the differing behaviors of interest, and yet use distinct content-dispositions. I think you could use a single content-disposition and get the same effect.

I guess multiple content-dispositions might make sense if they are processed by different entities, so that only the intended entities need decode the body. It would also make sense if the same identical body representation was processed differently based on the content-disposition. But I don't think either of those is the case here.

So I would find it helpful if this draft explained why it chooses to use multiple content-dispositions.

I also think it would be useful to say something about how you expect the handling parameter to be used with these dispositions. If handling=required (the default) is used, then any UA that gets this must fail the request unless it is able to handle the body. If handling=optional is specified, then that need not be so.

	Thanks,
	Paul