答复: RE: draft-wang.libo-sipping-nested-updates-00.txt

 Hi,

First,thanks for your comment, criticism, sacasm,and flames!!

Below are my answers.

> Comment: 1. If I understand correctly, this draft does only show
> use-cases, and gives a BCP recommendation, right? It does not talk
> about what happens when a re-INVITE is rejected, how to solve race
> conditions etc etc etc.

Yes, it's a BCP recommendation, but if every terminal obeys the suggestions, solution to rejected re-INVITE seems easier.

>                 2. I agree that is is bad practise to start adding
> new stuff (codecs, streams etc) in a nested UPDATE - I think that
> should be done in the re-INVITE itself, and the nested UPDATEs are
> then used for preconditions, codec refine etc etc. However, I am not
> sure that a new codec would really require approval from the user.
> Most people don't care - and/or how no clue - about what codecs are used.

I agree, Codec refine modification usually donesn't need user approval.
But nested UPDATEs with new video probably need.

> Criticism: Even if one would follow the recommendation in chapter 4,
> I don't think that solves all of our problems.

I'm glad to hear the problems:)

> Sarcasm: The examples show that we have a problem, because in some
> cases you say that you want to add video, but the message flows
> indicate that you want to add vEdeo.

I will correct it next version,thanks!!

> Flames: We now have 4 documents showing use-cases related to this
> issue (yours, Gao's, and the two from Gonzalo).

My document is not intended to provide ways to solve the rollback problems, and I think
there are lots of arguments about the rollback and will be solved at last.

My document aims to make the scene more clear, negotiation easier, but more controllable!!

Thanks for comments again!

> Regards,
>
> Christer

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the originator of the message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender.
This message has been scanned for viruses and Spam by ZTE Anti-Spam system.