Re: new draft version to extend Referred-By

Hi Peter,

thanks for the comments, see answers in line

best regards
Sal

Leis, Peter (NSN - DE/Munich) wrote:
hello,

some comments on your draft.

on 4.1 Referrer Behaviour
this clause is called Referrer Behaviour. However, in the context of
RFC3892, the Referrer is the entitiy sending out a REFER request. Later
on you seem to speak of a different entity (exploder server). So the
title of this clause should change to something like "Referred-By
handling"
[Sal] yes, you are right, in the next version we will change the title as you proposed in "Referred-by handling"
In addition, I believe, you could also cover the case, where a Referrer
does include Referred-by in the RERFER request and wants to include more
than one SIP URI in the Referred-By header field. I guess this should be
possible using your draft.
[Sal] well we are extending the Referred-By header definition to support more than one SIP URI, so yes it would be possible for a user to insert in the Referred-by header of a REFER request more
then one SIP URI.
I don't know if it is necessary to explicit it. what do you think?

Would be good to be more specific as to what "if privacy was requested"
means. Something like "if privacy was request using a Privacy header
field with value 'id' "
[Sal] we will reword the statement to be more specific here.
on 4.2 "General handling"
the title of this clause could be more specific. Although being called
"general", you seem to describe handling of "unexpected cases"
[Sal] That's a correct observation, this section handles error cases when more than one URI is received
so we will change the title to "Hanlding of unexepected cases".

regards
Peter