Re: PRACK update: other changes than allowing SDP offerinPRACK to be rejected?

Hi,

>Since RFC 3261 says that mid-dialog requests are processed
>atomic, I think UAS should not cease retransmission of the
>provisional response and wait for UAC to fix the error with
>PRACK. If it runs out of retransmissions, it should reject
>the Invite with 5xx response.

So, do you agree that we in any case would need to say whether an error
response also ceases retransmission of the provisional response - no
matter what triggers that error response?

>Having re-read RFC 3262, I think offer handling in PRACK
>should be treated differently than Prack failing to match the
>response, because it mentions that retransmissions should
>cease when matching Prack is received. But sdp offer is not
>part of matching request to ongoing transaction.
>So I still think that answer should be sent in 200 OK with
>rejection represented in the answer followed by an UPDATE to
>restore previous media session.

There could also be an intermediate which rejects the PRACK offer, and
it may not be willing/capable of generating UPDATEs, because that would
require rather heave B2BUA functionality.

Earlier there were also some other ideas, e.g:

- don't include an SDP in the 200
- don't update the SDP version number in the 200
- etc etc etc

But, I think that we at that time decided not to go for any of those.

Regards,

Christer