答复: Re: 答复: Re: 答复: Re: 答复: Re: 答复: Re: 答复: Re: 答复: Re: 答复: Re: Closing the offer/answer rollback issue

Gonzalo Camarillo <Gonzalo.Camarillo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

2009-02-27 15:55

收件人
gao.yang2@xxxxxxxxxx
抄送
sipping@xxxxxxxx, christer.holmberg@xxxxxxxxxxxx
主题
Re: [Sipping] 答复: Re: 答复: Re:  答复: Re: 答复: Re: 答复: Re: 答复: Re: 答复: Re:  Closing the offer/answer rollback issue

Hi,

> [Gao] RFC3261:
> If a UA receives a non-2xx final response to a re-INVITE, the session
>    parameters MUST remain unchanged, as if no re-INVITE had been issued.
>
> However, the
>    failure of the re-INVITE does not cause the existing call to fail -
>    the session continues using the previously negotiated
>    characteristics.

yes, as I explained in my original email, the consensus in the WG has
been that we are willing to lose this atomicity property. It is a
tradeoff between keeping that property and doing the right thing.

[Gao] If there's no elegant way, I also would have agreed "Committed by Offer/Answer" or "manual rollback".
But I think I the nested transaction concept is really important here.
I am happy to see that the nested transaction concept of Precondition is admitted here.
But I still think that "Late commitment of Re-INVITE 200OK" is also important, and it just obeys the concept in RFC3261.

> [Gao] Why think after 4xx, the "most" case is that user prefer to using
> the media negotiated in Re-INVITE.
> I think rejecting is the "most" case.
> But this is subjective branching :).

the assumption we are working on is that the user would prefer that the
failure of the re-INVITE does not trigger a sudden media change. That
is, the media session would continue unchanged when the 4xx for the
re-INVITE arrives.

[Gao] The modification triggered by Re-INVITE will go on after failure of Re-INVITE, disregarding the signalling.
If it is really most of the people's preference, I accept it.

> if a stream is rejected, it will not be in use. We do not indent to
> change that rule anywhere.
>
> [Gao] I think the usage should be restricted by signaling, while not end
> users' consciousness. :)

We are talking about signalling here.

[Gao] Yes. The session state is clear. But I just want to reveal the hidden trouble of "illegal use media".

Cheers,

Gonzalo

ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail is solely property of the sender's organization. This mail communication is confidential. Recipients named above are obligated to maintain secrecy and are not permitted to disclose the contents of this communication to others.
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the originator of the message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender.
This message has been scanned for viruses and Spam by ZTE Anti-Spam system.