Re: Summary: SIP CLF format discussion

On Fri, 2009-02-13 at 16:27 -0600, Vijay K. Gurbani wrote:
> Pedantically speaking, it should be "0 or 1 final response".
> Under what condition would you get more than 1 final response
> for the same transaction from a downstream forking proxy?

If a call was parallel-forked to two UAs and both were answered at the
same instant, both UAs would send 200s upstream, and they would both
reach the UAC.

If a request was sent with "Request-Disposition: no-cancel", then we
expect to routinely receive multiple success responses.  And for
SUBSCRIBEs, a strong argument can be made that no-cancel should be the
default mode of processing -- we've considered doing so in sipX.

Dale