Re: About "rollback of re-Invite"

Hi,

>I also pay high attention to the topic of "rollback of re-Invite".
>As lots of service is implemented on the network using SIP, and
different ways
>may be carried out by different corporations, it's necessary to define
a complete
>and clear method to solve the failure when the unsuccessful re-Invite
happens.

I agree, and we thought that having a generic rule, not related to
specific use-cases, would be the most clear, clean and complete
solution.

>And the problems  "Commit any session parameters that have been
sucessfully changed"
>metioned in "draft-gaoyang-sipping-session-state-analysis-01.txt"  need
further discuss,
>I think.

The draft does not define a generic rule. It more or less says that
every time there is a new use-case, the offer/answer rollback aspects
needs to be documented for that use-case. I think that is something we
wanted to avoid.

If I understand chapter 4.3.3 correct, it says that if you have a
pending re-INVITE transaction, a NEW modification must be sent in a
re-INVITE request. That way we would get rid of the race condition
problem. That is an interesting point. I guess the question is whether
it's too lake to make such a rule.

Regards,

Christer